This meal seriously redefines a 5 minute meal. It’s so easy, so delicious and my go to meal when I want something really comforting. When you think of a creamy bowl of pasta, you generally also tend to think of how you end up feeling afterwards, tired? heavy? Not anymore!
I’ve been making this pasta for a really long time, and every time I eat it i’m amazed by how much energy I have an that I feel lively enough to get up and keep going with my day instead of wanting to sleep. It’s also so quick that you can make it a quick lunch or super simple dinner.
It’s hard to believe that this does’t contain cream or dairy because it’s so unbelievably creamy! With the addition of yoghurt it makes it feel much lighter and fresher too. Of course you can mix it up, adding different kinds of greens, my favorite is chard, but spinach and other dark greens work really well too. I've been known to end up letting this dish become peas with pasta instead of the other way around because I usually add so many greens! So feel free to change the proportions to suit you.
I urge you to try this! You won’t regret it :)
2 cups Pasta (I use Brown Rice penne)
1 1/2 cups Frozen Peas
Handful of greens*
5 Tbsp Yoghurt (I use soy or coconut, feel free to use what you have)
2 Tbsp Tahini
Salt & Pepper
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Dried Basil (or fresh!)
Dash of cayenne*
- Put the pasta on to boil, Brown Rice penne only takes about 5 minutes, but you want to make it al dente
- Drain the pasta, keeping about half a cup of the water just in case you need to loosen up the sauce
- Add in the peas and the rest of the ingredients
- Stir until its well mixed and leave on the heat for about a minute or two (this is when you'll know whether to add a little bit of water or not)
- Done! Plate up and enjoy :)