These are one of the simplest treats you’ll probably ever make. Just 5 ingredients, and an absolute crowd pleaser. At home they disappear faster than anything else, and you wouldn't even know they were nourishing! They’ve become my go-to easy sweet recipe, as they don't need to be baked and can can be made and consumed in almost 30 minutes!
I first came up with the recipe for these about 2 years ago and it went down so well at the time that I just knew I had to share the recipe! I say these quantities make about 12 of them, but if you're anything like me, you’ll have eaten a good portion of the coconut mixture before it’s even hit the bowl!
I won’t bore you any longer with the chat, here’s how simple it is!
Makes approx. 12
- 2 Cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey/Agave
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 150g 70% Dark Chocolate
- Into a food processor, add the desiccated coconut and salt, blend for a few seconds to distribute the salt
- Add the coconut oil and sweetener of choice and blend until the mixture comes together
- Transfer mixture to a bowl
- Roll into balls and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Melt the chocolate at 30 second intervals in the microwave (or over a double boiler!)
- Use a fork to dip the coconut balls in the chocolate, and shake to remove excess
- Leave to set at room temperature (this doesn't take long)