This. Is. So. Good. I mean, it's a classic flavour combination, how could it not work?!
This may well be one of my favourite recipes to date, partly because it tastes delish and partly because it requires so little effort and so few ingredients to prepare. This can be made and stored in a jar or airtight container and will last you weeks, though it probably won't last that long because you'll have eaten it before then.
My favourite way to eat it is as a cereal with cold almond milk. As soon as the milk hits it it becomes even crunchier and the mellow almond flavour balances out the intense cocoa so well. It works so well sprinkles on porridge or yoghurt too for other breakfast or snack options. Or you could even try is as an ice-cream topping in the summer because...aaah you don't really need a reason!
- I like to Use Whole Rolled oats as I like the texture that the Whole Oat gives, but you can use whatever kind of oat you can find or have on hand, it'll work just as well
- If you're not a big fan or darker/more intense chocolate, I'd recommend only using 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
Prep Time - 35mins
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Agave/Honey
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 cups Oats (I use Whole Rolled Oats)
- 1/2 cup Whole Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan
- Into a mixing bowl, add the oil, agave/honey, cocoa powder, salt and mix with a wisk until well combined
- Add in the oats and the nuts and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until evenly coated
- Place mixture on a baking tray and bake for 15 mins, before mixing half way, then baking for another 15 mins
- Leave to cool