Bircher Muesli, where do I even begin? Easy, quick and tasty, the three best components to any recipe. I'm not that big a fan of traditional cooked porridge, but I do love raw oats and this is probably my favourite way to eat them. The oats become so tender and creamy when you soak them and are just the most perfect texture, especially for summer breakfasts when it's warm, or for when you're strapped for time/too lazy to make anything. It can be made for the whole week and left in an airtight container in the fridge ready and waiting for you.
This recipe is so adaptable too, you can add anything on top, fresh fruit, jam, nut butters, even granola. One of my favourite combinations is thawed blueberries which peanut butter, SO GOOD!
- I like to use Whole Rolled Oats as they soak up the milk and water really well and give my preferred texture.
- I use Almond milk in the recipe, but you can use any kind of milk you have/like
Prep Time- 5 mins (Set time 1+ hrs)
- 1.5 cups Whole Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk (I use almond or coconut)
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Agave/Honey
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl/airtight container
- Mix together
- Leave for about an hour/ can be left overnight