This is one of my go-to meals for when I want to have leftovers or if I'm feeding others hungry tummies too. It's a simple combination of all the easiest to use spices, easy to find vegetables (ones I almost always have at hand) crowned by the tart, intense, yet bright tahini dressing. I can't tell you how delicious it is, or how simple it is to make, you'll just have to try it and thank me later. It can be enjoyed warm or chilled, and always best served doused with as much of the dressing as possible. I love topping it with pumpkin seeds and chilli flakes for an extra kick and a bit more colour.
It's the perfect dish for an easy transition between winter and spring, and it makes for the best packed lunches too!
Serves 2-4, Time 35-45 mins
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 Potato
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Parsnip
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil (approx.)
- 2 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp Paprika, 1/2 tsp Turmeric, 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes, Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 1 Lemon
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric, 1 tsp Cumin, Salt & Pepper
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C Fan/ 220°C/ Gas Mark 6
- Chop the vegetables into 1/2” cubes, and toss with olive and spices, straight in the baking dish!
- Bake for 30-40 mins, tossing half way
- Boil the quinoa + pinch of salt, with 2 cups water on a low heat for 10-15 mins
- Mix the tahini, with the lemon juice, spices and a 1/4 cup water
- Plate up the quinoa, top with the roasted veg, and drizzle with the dressing
- Top with chilli flakes and pumpkin seeds