IT'S HERE! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!
I'm so excited for you to try this recipe!
Why? Here's why:
1) It's SO EASY
2) All the ingredients are so easy to find
3) It's scrumptious. Chewy, crispy, flakey and crunchy!
4) You don't get that usual post-Baklawa slump after eating them (yes, them, I can never eat just one)
I mean, who doesn't like Baklawa?? Don't answer that, I know some crazy humans that don't. I'm ashamed to say I used to be one of them, and until now I'm incredibly fussy over which kind of Baklawa I eat. It has to be well rounded, the right texture, the right sweetness and the perfect flavour.
It's all about that bit of cinnamon combined with the amber honey that when baked creates the most beautiful aroma. You'll be thinking 'did i really just make this myself?!' & also want to be left alone, in peace, with a cup of tea to take it all in.
- Filo Pastry
- 80g Almonds
- 80g Pecans
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar/Coconut sugar
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Olive Oil (in a bowl)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Fan/200°C/Gas Mark 6
- Roughly chop the nuts, mix in the sugar, cinnamon, salt & 1 Tbsp of honey and set aside
- Set your filo pastry out on a cutting board and have a tea towel at hand
- Cut 3-4 sheets of filo into quarters, then cover with a tea towel
- One at a time smother in olive oil on both sides (either with your hands or a brush). Fold in half and place in your tart pan. Then fold the overflowing edges back on themselves forming a tart shell
- Repeat step 5 until your tart/cupcake tray is full (be generous with the olive oil!)
- Fill each tart shell with 1 Tbsp of the nut mixture and bake for 10 mins or until golden
- Remove from the oven and drizzle each tart with honey (about 1 tsp each) then bake again for 3-5 mins, making sure they're nice and brown
Let them cool then serve and enjoy!